How to Create Your Video Profile
If you're interested in building a career in remote sales, no matter what your current level of experience is, you will gain access to the resources and support you need to get hired in the CloudTask Marketplace Remote Sales Career Community:
- - Receive emails and texts about remote software sales job openings
- - Connect with like-minded people to share advice and resources in our Private Facebook Group
- - Refer other qualified candidates and get paid when they get hired
- ...and much more!
Getting interviews and offers for these highly coveted roles can be a very competitive process, so we've created this short guide to help you increase your chances of getting shortlisted for interviews with one of the many hiring companies using the CloudTask Marketplace to identify high-performance candidates to join their sales teams.
Your journey to your next big job opportunity starts with signing up for the Remote Sales Career Community. Once you submit your information through the web page, you will be redirected to a platform called MyInterview, where you will fill out some additional information then have the opportunity to start recording your video profile.
Make sure you read through all of the tips below -- before recording your video profile -- to give yourself the greatest opportunity to get interviews and offers for your next big career move.
- Read the questions carefully and make sure you understand them. Most of our openings are for roles in the SaaS industry; you’ll find tons of abbreviations in the questions that make reference to Sales and software “language” you must be familiar with these terminologies, but in case you are not, don’t panic! Do your research and make sure to fully understand the question before answering.
- Prepare your answers. Rehearse your answers before start recording, make sure your answer is complete and share only relevant information that shows your skills. Also, make sure your answers don't get cut off and do not take more than 60 seconds for each question. You can take notes of the key topics you want to mention to help you while you record your answers.
- When talking about yourself, be strategic. What can you share that will show your professional skills and support your experience? In addition to your professional background, what kind of complementary knowledge do you have? You can also share some positive personal experiences that have made you grow both professionally and as a person.
- Be mindful of your personal presentation. We want you to be yourself; remember, this video will be the first interaction between you and our partner companies. “You only get one chance to make a first impression.” Make sure to take care of your appearance (clothes, hair, etc.)
- Be mindful of your office space. Before recording, turn on your camera and check if your workspace looks clean, organized, and appropriate. If necessary, remove objects that may not convey the best image. Remember, if you get a job, you`ll probably be having lots of meetings, some of them with clients, and having adequate framing will give you a few extra points.
- Check your equipment. Make sure you have a good internet connection and ensure that your audio and camera are working properly. You can ask somebody to have a short video call with you before the interview to make sure everything is ready to go.